Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 5 - Solo Ride from Kolkata to Land of Thunder Dragon

Day 5

06/11/2011

It's my 5th morning out on the journey. Still I found the sky overcast, and it was drizzling continuously. I planned to start before 8 am towards Haa valley. The near by places was kept for the next day. I was very eager to hit the Chela La the highest point in Bhutan. Yesterday when I entered Paro I was stoped just before entering to the city!! Why? The main road is closed during the landing/flying of aircraft as the runway starts just from beside the road. I was thinking if again I get to see such thing but I did not.




The route towards Haa was easy to point out. I took the road as directed and the beauty was like increasing in each kilometers. The green forests, the clear sky was welcomed me heartily. Soon the elevation started  and the vegetation was loosing it's greenary, and it was a warning that I am reaching the top. it almost took 2hrs till now, but I am not yet at the top, no snow no ice. As soon I think like it I saw some whitish things were covering my tank bag and helmet visor. What?? I am amazed, it was the snowfall just started fresh. Withing the mild snowfall I reached to the top whee it is written, Chele La, the highest point in Bhutan and I am relieved. it was all covered with snow. A Hyundai Santafe was there carrying some foreigners. It's temrature meter said it was T minus 4 degree. Somehow in excitement I could not feel anything. I took my camera out and started clicking whatever I can. Had some good photo of myself too!






Spending arnd 30 minutes it's time to move on. Haa is still some more kilometer away. After leaving the place the elevation started to fall drastically. Within 40 mins I was there in Haa Valley. Had some butt and fag break in between. After a stroll in the Haa city I did not found much interesting things. So carried on towards Paro with a different route not the one with which I came to Haa. Reached Paro in the afternoon around 4.30 pm and had my lunch cum evening snacks at the hotel where I stayed. :)
After that strolled around the city. The city is too small, it hardly took 40 mins to go all around the city. Befriended with some local boys who showed me the only internet cafe in the city. Had some time on FB and after a chat with my fellow friends I went back to hotel again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The snow pics are gr8.....

Post a Comment