Monday, March 12, 2012

Solo Ride - Raid The Land of Thunder Dragon





Well after long day I have completed the trip I got some time to jot down what I experienced in my 1st Solo Ride on Mountains. Though th ride might not be a solo one  if one of my friend did not opt out at the 12th hour before the ride. I have planned and framed the whole trip and convinced him to join but at lst he could not join, but I want to give him thanks for that as I am sure I would not get such a lovely and beautiful experience ever in rest of my life riding solo in a different country and in a totally unknown road and alone. Juzzzz awesomee I can say!!

In short I am giving the permit process again :
Immigration Permit can be obtained from Indo-Bhutan House in Dumdum, Kolkata and also from border city Phuentsholing, Bhutan. The permit process from Kolkata took me just 1 hour. I filled up the form gave my xerox copies of DL, Passport and in no time I got the permit, may be as I was alone so got it so fast.
Vehicle Permit can only be obtained from Phuentsholing itself. Will come in details later.
Let’s cut short the prologue and come to the story.

Day 0
01/11/2011
I went to office to hand over my work items and planned to get out from office as soon as possible. But at last I came out of office at 7.45pm. Only 9 hrs are left. I still not had a test ride with all my luggage putting on the bike. I reached home, freshened up and put only the needfuls in my saddle bag. It was already 10, I finished packing my belongings. Had a small chat with Saikat da who would be going with me till Gurap dhaba to see me off and decided to meet at Belgharia Expressway. Had a small dinner and chat with mother and went to sleep. Believe me or not I had no feeling of excitement in me, as I had already crossed the limit of excitement. I just prayed to God to help me to wake up in the morning in time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are planning to make a trip to Sikkim. Dont know how much we can cover on 7 day tour during December first week. Will talk to you in detail before planning. Dubious about Pelling's road condition and steepness. Arnab here. Loved your blog like anything. You truly are my guru and feel sorry for your friend who missed the trip. He missed hell of an experience.

Unknown said...

Loved your blog to the core. Your partner had missed all the fun and all the views. We are planning for Sikkim trip during Dec 6th to 13th. Made a route plan and will try to cover most of the ground as comfortably as possible. Still dubious about pelling or Lava-Lolegaon. Will talk to you before finalizing since i dont know how steep pellings road is. Oh and yes, we are hiring good bikes from NJP rather than taking it from Kolkata. Dont know if thats a good idea or not. Biking gears are mandatory along with the hire. You are truly our GURU.. lat me know if by any chance you can be with us at thatt time. We are no "Last minute opt out" persons.

Bhaskar said...

Thanks Arnab for your kind words!!

Bhaskar said...

Hiring "Good" bikes from NJP is not a good option. Rather I will suggest to have your bike transported till NJP by train and then start your ride. It will no doubt save your bike from the bad road condition of NH34. Another thing is it must be your first ride to hill, so I will suggest to take your own bike as you will know your bike the most not the bike which you will hire so there may be a slight tint of risk will added to your journey on hired bike. Peling roads are not too steep, your bike will do good in those mountains. For further infos you can ping me in FB and we can discuss further.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info mate.. will talk further over FB..

Post a Comment