Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 3 - Solo Ride from Kolkata to Land of Thunder Dragon

Day 3
04/11/2011

The alarm was set at 4.15am but before the alarm my bio-alarm woke me up. It was too cold and fog outside. I had my bath and geared up pretty soon and was ready to hit the road. I had a sheer fear for my steed; it spent the whole night outside under the cold. But it was my ZMA, with first hit the engine started roaring. The hotel owner and the gate keeper were at the door to bid me Goodbye. The road condition was good to maintain 65-70 though in hilly terrain, but the fog warned me not to be too excited. After 5 kms the first check post arrived where I had to show all the documents of me and my bike. They guided me that after some kms the road condition was bad due to the recent earthquake. I need to be more cautious while riding.
My first Sunrise on a foreign land

In the meantime the sun was on it’s way. Again after 2 kms of the check post I stopped to capture the beauty of the foreign Sunrise. Simply it was royal, there was no snow peak in front of me but the large stretch of fog embraced mountains, the small stream coming out of the mountains. In one word I felt like heaven. Stopped near at Gedu (45kms from Psoling), had a little breakfast with hot Maggie and Tea.

On the way to Thimpu


Enter Thimpu City

Stopped at many places and atlast reached Chuzom (in English ‘Confluence’), the meeting point of two rivers. From here the road divides to Paro, Thimpu and Haa. I headed for Thimpu. Around 12.30 I reached Thimpu. There are many taskes to do. Had to get the permits for the restricted areas like Haa / Punakha / Wangdue. So found a hotel nearby the market, dumped my luggage, parked my bike and headed for Immigration office by a Bhutanese Taxi (Maruti Wagoner). It took around 40 mins. Again there was a lady sitting at the desk helped me to get the permit as soon as possible. Then I rushed to the RSTA office crossing the river and got the vehicle permit extended for those places. Around 3.45 all paperwork was over and now I am free to roam around in Bhutan.
I was bit tired so went to some nearby places in Thimpu like Budhdha Point, Swiss Bakery.

Thimpu Clock Tower

The Swiss Bakery - The quality was awesome!!


The City was so much law enforced. But it was good.

1 comments:

Lopa said...

Pics are awesome

Post a Comment